Thursday, December 22, 2005

Prison Broke

Okay, so I'm a little late! Sue me. Anyone catch the last episode of Prison Break? Anyone? Yeah, me neither and I've seen all of the other episodes this season. And you know what? I don't really care, which is really sad.
I mean, Prison Break started out like gangbusters (or is it jailbusters)! The plot was innovative, it didn't look like anything else on TV, great characters - I remember thinking: This is new and hot!
I couldn't get enough. Until about three-quarters through the season. Then it got predictable and it was clear that they're were trying to fill the season.
What is it with the networks? I guess they have figured out that the traditional season programming schedule is broken. It's too long. I don't know how many weeks it is, but I know it's too long. How do I know? Because I became one of these "committed" watchers that never misses an episode and eagerly awaits the next one. I also used TiVo to make sure I didn't miss a beat.
But in the end, it was clear they were messing with the story to fill out the season and hold onto viewers. By the time the finale came around, I was more concerned about my vacation than Schofield's toilet cum escape route.
First, Desperate Housewives, then Lost and finally Prison Break. Too bad good TV continues to eat its young...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home